Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My New Nightly Ritual


Hey you,
I have a confession to make: I need to relax. Since starting my coaching business and working full time, I have become a lot busier and my work/life balance has been thrown off. Last week I was starting to feel drained and exhausted overall. The thought of working on the weekend overwhelmed me when I'd already put in 40 hours plus commuting time.
After seeing Wayne Dyer speaking live about it at the IGNITE NYC conference, my Mom decided to purchase his brand new meditation CD while we were there. That night I tried it out, and every single weeknight since that night, I've been using the CD to calm me down. To help ease the tension of long hours and minimal exercise lately, I decided to take my life into my own hands and design a nightly ritual to help me stay centered and consistent with my meditation practice.  Here's what plays in my room every single night before bed:
 Wayne Dyer's I AM Wishes Fulfilled Meditation CD
If I'm too tired to pull out my massage table and do some reiki on myself, I always and I mean ALWAYS every night do my 20-minute meditation. I do not sit there submissively with my legs crossed, palms facing up, head tilted down. Instead, I choose to surrender through a series of gentle yoga poses and chakra opening stretches. 
  I seriously needed this CD in my life. My evening ritual used to consist of shutting off my computer once it hit midnight, running to my bed, and feeling like every ounce of energy, blood, oxygen was drained from my body. Thoughts of what I had to do tomorrow kept me up, so I'd be sitting in bed writing down ideas on my notepad rather than on the computer. You can see how this could turn into an unhealthy situation, right? Me, too. So, I recognized, acknowledged, and changed my behavior. I coached myself back into wellness and designed a plan that I can commit to and that I actually look forward to! I chose to retrain myself by going to bed early, disconnecting from the internet, and giving myself 20-minutes of self-care every single night. 
This peaceful soundtrack has been a catalyst for positive change in my life and I can't recommend it enough!!! There are 3 options on the CD: an introduction narrated by Wayne Dyer, a 20-min guided meditation, and a 20-min unguided meditation. I feel more relaxed just hearing these subtle chimes, The rythym of the chimes helps me syncrhonize my breathwork and Wayne's opening narration brings me to a state of surrender. I recommend this CD for anyone who struggles to stay mindfully in the moment and prepare for a deep sleep.

As Wayne Dyer says, "I encourage you to become open to the idea that these sounds, when accompanied by your own I am mantra, can and will provide you with the ability to live a wishes fulfilled life.”
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment