Monday, April 29, 2013

Model Moment this Weekend!

Good Afternoon!

How was your weekend? I hope you enjoyed the weather. I certainly loved every minute of the sunshine. Today is a rainy day, which makes it the perfect time to blog...right?

This weekend was one of the best I've had in a really long time. Seriously. Here I'm going to discuss the highlight of my weekend (there were many, but this one was worth writing home about!) I'm just so grateful that I can wear many hats as my Guru, Blanca, always says. It's nice to be able to work a full-time job, balance a side business, and do freelance modeling when the opportunity arises! I like to switch it up. Keeps things interesting and makes me feeling alive. 

 I've been freelance modeling since I was 17 (my first gig was in Seventeen magazine!) but this weekend I had the opportunity to do a different type of modeling: jewelry. Hair was styled by Denise at Ambiance Salon in Roslyn Heights, NY. I actually did my own makeup and kept the look fresh + natural (my favorite). The location was set at a breathtaking, private mansion on Long Island. We shot half of the day inside and the other half in the backyard. The weather was 70 degrees and clear skies... absolutely ideal lighting and perfect temperature!! Our team was super accommodating, which made the entire shoot run as smoothly as possible. I just loved the whole experience, from posing on chaise lounges to laying on the grass outside, to taking breaks to sip fresh ginger tea and admire their beautiful home. I felt really special and appreciated--which is a nice feeling when you are working diligently to execute a vision.

 I can't give away too many more details about the exclusive jewelry collection, but I will as soon as they publish their new look books and official website. Every single necklace, ring, and earring was absolutely exquisite and rare; I have yet to see designs of this quality  and uniqueness here in the U.S. The line originates from India and yes I would honestly wear every single piece! The owner graciously gifted me with these beautiful blue  and gold earrings. I especially love the on-trend statements necklaces, as pictured in the photos below. The designs smoothly transition from day to night, which is hot for summer. I'll keep you posted with all the details, since many of you have already asked where to purchase the jewelry!!!





I can't recommend the photographer enough. Karen was AMAZING to work with: super professional, lots of fun, amazing eye, lover of good lighting, excellent directing skills AND she was willing to scale all heights to get the perfect shot. Literally. I foresee many more projects in the future!! Karen Ruffini was on board for a solo project for her, but you can checkout more of her biz productions on her biz page. She does weddings, events, and fashion shoots like this one: 

Here are a few SNEAK PEEKS of the shoot!

Model: Noel O'Donnell (me)
 
Photo Credit: Karen Ruffini
Model: Noel O'Donnell (me)
 
Photo Credit: Karen Ruffini
Model: Noel O'Donnell (me)
 
                                               Model: Noel O'Donnell (me)

Model: Noel O'Donnell (me)
 
Model: Noel O'Donnell (me)

Model: Noel O'Donnell (me)
 

Isn't the jewelry just gorgeous? And how about those photos by Karen! I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. Many more photos to come! 



P.S. 
I must thank one very important person, for which there would be no modeling career! Why, of course, the woman who passed on her beauty. This weekend we celebrated her birthday and her ageless beauty...
My Mom!
God Bless America, and good genes. LOL

Stay tuned for more fun adventures!
xo, health, and happiness,
Noel 

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing, and I love her jewels! Awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful model and jewelry! Sounds like you had a great time!! -- Lauren

    ReplyDelete